Trusts have important advantages in serving you during your lifetime and as a means of handling your estate and providing for those you care for after death. A trust can be established as an independent tax-paying entity, which provides tax benefits and continuous asset management. A living trust, with
Fowler State Bank, will provide you with the following:
- Flexibility and Control, during your lifetime you may remove assets at any time, amend terms, transfer, or even terminate the trust at your discretion.
- Assets collected and income disbursed from one account.
- Complete record keeping, which simplifies the preparation of tax returns.
- Continuity of financial management in the event of illness or incapacity.
- The comfort of knowing that a trust avoids probate of assets held upon death, which saves costs and assures confidentiality of financial affairs.
- The knowledge that a trust may permit significant estate tax savings, while providing for surviving spouse and family.
- Professional investment management.
- Payment of bills, continued without interruption.
- Federal and State tax returns prepared and filed.
For more information, please contact the Fowler State Bank Trust Department at 765-884-1200 or 800-439-3951.